Sunday, May 24, 2009

Real Testimonials by Teen Moms

These are real testimonials from teen moms that are on my page: www.myspace.com/teenmommies

If you would like to add a testimonial please e-mail me at the e-mail address provided under My Profile.

"If I was to give advice I would say to just walk with your head held hi and see having a baby a blessing age is just a number and doesn't say what kind of parent you will and can be. I had my twin boys a few days before my 17th birthday in 2008 and it was the best day of my life. Sure I was extremely terified during my pregnancy to know I had two babies I would take care of since I opted to keep them but when they were born I knew that I had made a god choice and I knew that I could do it. So being pregnant as a teen may seem like the worse thing that could happen but just know it could be worse. Like you be told that your going to die of cancer. Havinhg a baby seems a lot better than cancer. So to all the teens mom in the world keep your head up and you can do it. If I can you can and I'm graduating from highschool in june so nothing is impossible."

"If I could give any advice it would be to not let statistics determine what kind of parent you will be. The numbers may say that teen mothers do not finish school or get good paying jobs. They say we get government help and never learn to take care of ourselves or our children. They say a lot of things about us...and while there is nothing wrong with choosing govt assistance or working to put food on the table instead of going to college, dont let the numbers be the reason you do so. Show the world that life goes on after the birth of an unexpected child at a young age. Show them that age doesnt determine what kind of parent you are. I love my little girl more with ever breath I take...I dont think my being 25, or even 35, when she was born would change that at all. Teen parents dont get nearly enough respect. I gave up my youth, my friends, (hell even my sports car!), for my daughter. I became totally selfless at the age of 18. I think that is more than amazing for someone to take on that kind of responsibility. And many of you have done it much younger than me. So I have rambled a lot but I guess that is what your website will be for! But I just hope all teen mommies (and Daddies) dont feel like their life is over or that they are any less of a perrson because they didnt take a socially acceptable path. "

"Hi, I don't usually put a lot of my story out there without being asked but I think it is important for teens to know the complications of pregnancy and childbirth so they have an idea and may not be blindsided like I was.My first pregnancy I was 16 and had been with my boyfriend a little over a year. I was 25 weeks pregnant when I went into labor, we both knew it was way too early for our daughter to come. While at the hospital my blood pressure went dangerously high due to preclampsia and my daughter was already crowning on sept 9th2006 my daughter Aubrey starr was born. She weighed just over a pound. Because of her size and weight I was told there was nothing to be done for my daughter. Her father and I held her for 21 beautiful min until the nurse reached over and said she was gone. We still visit our daughters grave frequently and we are still learnign how to cope. Our daughters death brought us to some extreamly dark times. We had gotten married when we found out we were pregnant and four months after our daughter passed we were two very different people who mourned our daughter very different ways. Losing our daughter brought us to divorce. I dropped out of school for a year. It was and still is the hardest thing to come thru.My 2nd daughter was born on sept. 21st 2008. The entire birth went very well (2hours start to finish) and she was very healthy even a month early. This was thanks to the close monitering of my doctor. I had preclamsia with this baby as well although they had it under control. I was on bed rest from week 12. I had the pupp rash( you basicly have chicken pox your entire pregnancy)Im sure there will be many teen parenthood stories and birth stories but I feel it is important to KNOW your voice while pregnant. Many teens like me in my first pregnancy, are too scarred and don't know how to speak up tp their Dr. or to get informed with their rights. If you have any questions please feel free to ask for more details.Thanks, chels "

"Being a mother is not defined by age but by love. Remember that you are no more or less qualified to love your child based on your age than any other woman is. If you want to be a good mother to your baby, you will be. I fully suggest doing research on attachment parenting, natural mothering, etc. If you mother in a natural way, you will be rewarded with a content baby which makes a happy mommy. For instance, wearing your baby (in a sling or front carrier) helps the baby feel secure, as in the womb. Also, follow your instincts, don't let anyone tell you to do something you don't feel is right for your baby, be it the baby's doctor, the father of the baby, or your own mother. I have gotten a lot of bad advice throughout my pregnancy and motherhood, people assume I do not know the right path because of my age. I urge you to do your own research and stand behind your gut feelings. I am 19 and I gave birth to my beautiful baby daughter when I was 18. I was meant to be her mother. Babies find their way into the world when they are meant to. I don't wish I were a parent at an older age because if I were I would not have her, not this child, not this intuitive little girl I love. Check out attachmentparenting.org and the mothering.com forums. "

No comments:

Search The Web!

Custom Search