Saturday, May 23, 2009

Finding Out Your Pregnant

Finding out your pregnant. Boy, what a tough one! It's not easy to accept the fact that you are expecting a baby at such a young age. It's scary, very scary because suddenly your whole life is flashing before your eyes and you don't know how to handle it.

I was sixteen when I found out I was expecting my daughter. I knew for sure that I couldn't go through having an abortion. I couldn't find it in me to do that.

But, every person is different. Remember, this is your body, your choice to do what you want with it and make sure that whatever choice you make, you could deal with it for the rest of your life. I will never make anyone do something they don't want to do. I am not here to tell you to run and have an abortion or to force you to keep your child.

I will help guide you through making whatever choice you feel is good for you. Everyone will put in their two cents to the situation. I've had people who have never even been pregnant tell me what I should do. The thing is though, everyone just wanted what was best for me. But, what was best for me? I think back and wonder what my life would be like now had I not made the choice to keep my daughter. What would I be doing? How would life be like?

Honestly, I cannot imagine life without my daughter. I know now that the choice I made to keep her has been the best choice I have ever made.

There was a friend of mine who had an abortion around the time I got pregnant with my daughter. She was 15 at the time and she knew that was the choice she wanted to do. It's been years since that day that day, and we both are living completely different lives. She is still enjoying her years being young while I am living my life as a mother.

My life isn't horrible, to me, it is perfect even when its not. Maybe I dont get to go out as much as I would like, and maybe I dont get to see my friends so often, but I chose my life to be this way and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Having a baby is not an easy job. It sucks a whole lot out of you, but some people are just fit for the job. Some people are not.

If you decide you do not want to continue with the pregnancy, remember abortion is not the only other option. You could also put your baby up for adoption and have a family who cannot have children of their own adopt him/her. There's something called an 'open adoption' where you still get to keep contact with the adopted parents and get updated photos of your baby and you may even be able to visit him/her a few times a year.

There are people out there to help you make the right choice and will guide you every step of the way of what to do. Remember, you are not alone.

No comments:

Search The Web!

Custom Search